How to organize my training schedule?

General Training Videos, MMA Training, Striking and Grappling Discussions!

How to organize my training schedule?

Postby Genbassy » Jan 22. 2011, 20:23

I need help with something I train Muay Thai saturdays, mondays, and wednesdays from 8 PM to 9 PM. I also train Jiu jitsu Sunday 8pm to 10pm, Tuesday from 6 to 8 pm, and thursdays from 7 to 9 pm. The problem is that I bought the insanity DVD workout routine for cardio it's 6 days per week plus I want to hit the gym 3 days per week so any suggestions on when to put the cardio and weight training into the week

Genbassy
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Re: How to organize my training schedule?

Postby mixed86ma » Jan 22. 2011, 23:53

Cardio is best on an empty stomach. So i would hit that in the am and fit the weights closer to meal time. Depends on your weight goals too, are you gaining or losing? Because if you are not trying to gain then you can probably just do some light weight work whenever it fits.

mixed86ma
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby kusok » Jan 23. 2011, 00:34

mixed86ma wrote:Cardio is best on an empty stomach. So i would hit that in the am and fit the weights closer to meal time. Depends on your weight goals too, are you gaining or losing? Because if you are not trying to gain then you can probably just do some light weight work whenever it fits.

Just grab some BCAA (or protein) with some coffee before the fasted cardio. Proven to help prevent muscle loss AND boost fat burning. (Too lazy to look for pubmed links, but it's a well-known fact by now)

Of course fasted cardio is a very extreme method of training. Used by already lean people trying to become still leaner, and by elite sprinters and combat athletes sometimes. Not required for normal people. And in fact may hurt muscle mass if overdone.
kusok
mmashare hof
mmashare hof

Postby kusok » Jan 23. 2011, 00:38

Genbassy wrote:I need help with something I train Muay Thai saturdays, mondays, and wednesdays from 8 PM to 9 PM. I also train Jiu jitsu Sunday 8pm to 10pm, Tuesday from 6 to 8 pm, and thursdays from 7 to 9 pm. The problem is that I bought the insanity DVD workout routine for cardio it's 6 days per week plus I want to hit the gym 3 days per week so any suggestions on when to put the cardio and weight training into the week

I would drop the insanity.

Your Martial Arts plus weight training and cardio is already MORE (way more) than enough.

If you bough insanity for fat loss, reduce calories :) Free fat loss for less money and less work than insanity.
kusok
mmashare hof
mmashare hof

Postby Student_of_the_game » Jan 23. 2011, 04:05

So you want to do 15 training sessions per week with a total of 15-20 hours?

Unless you're a genetic freak, I would advise you to listen to kusok and drop the DVD workouts.
Student_of_the_game
mmashare hof
mmashare hof

Postby thenatural8787 » Jan 23. 2011, 07:53

Do you have a job? What hours do you work? If you are training full time then it's achievable, otherwise, not so much

Even if there's a fire!
thenatural8787
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby Genbassy » Jan 23. 2011, 07:56

thanks for all the advice guys but i'm using insanity as my cardio it helped me a lot with martials arts too and no I'm not looking for major gains just condensed muscles.thanks again
Genbassy
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby Genbassy » Jan 23. 2011, 08:01

Yeah I go to college but how do you guys do it? do you just focus on martial arts? or do you also do martial arts with cardio and weight training? someone suggested that I drop 1 lesson of jiu jitsu and 1 lesson of muay thai so it would be 2 each per week
Genbassy
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Return to TRAINING VIDEOS & DISCUSSION 1.0

MMASHARE

Our mission is to give MMA fans the power to share and make the world more open and connected for Mixed Martial Arts! MMA Forum, UFC Live Streaming and MMA Fight Videos!