Jake Shields expects to be taken down by GSP

MMA SHARE Fight Videos, Free UFC Videos, Interviews, Highlights, Weigh-Ins, Previews,... EMBED or link to ORIGINAL MMA VIDEO URL ONLY! next: UFC 175 LIVE STREAM with WEIDMAN vs MACHIDA Fight Video!

Jake Shields expects to be taken down by GSP

Postby ComebackKID323 » Apr 18. 2011, 21:04

Kenny Florian future UFC HOF'er. Deal with it kiddos.

My thoughts are final so dont even bother arguing with me. Fuck how you feel.
ComebackKID323
mmashare hof
mmashare hof

Location: laughing at the morons who believe in that zombie invasion crap. hahaha

Re: Jake Shields expects to be taken down by GSP

Postby homegrown123 » Apr 18. 2011, 21:19

man this guy is the opposite of explosive while gsp embodies explosiveness.
homegrown123
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby heretic75 » Apr 18. 2011, 22:45

I'll bet the UFC is praying that GSP wins, I know I am. Jake Shields is the master of lay and pray, and one of the most boring fighters I've ever seen...watching him fight is like watching paint dry.
heretic75
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby phassin » Apr 18. 2011, 22:53

i like Jake a lot. He seems like a real down to earth guy and is coming to fight hard; though I think if he plans on GSP wanting to take this to the ground, he will be surprised.
phassin
mmashare hof
mmashare hof

Postby TheHSA » Apr 18. 2011, 22:55

Let's see...GSP's standup rocks, Jake's standup is average or slightly below average, GSP's BJJ is average, Jake's BJJ is solid...so tell me, why should GSP take him down again? Why shouldn't he jab Shields' face for 5 rounds, like he did with Kos?
TheHSA
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby Sasori » Apr 19. 2011, 00:49

Can he make his mind up? First GSP doesn't want any of his ground game and now he expects the takedown. This is using way more logic though but I would be surprised if GSP does not use the stand up aspect to his advantage.
I think GSP like always will be mixing it up so that Shields will have to stay guessing the entire fight. We all know what Shields want so he wont be able to pull out any aces from his sleeve.

What I do like about Shields is that he tries to find the holes in GSP's game, he might actually be able to pick at something no one has thought of and get the W from it. Hes doing his home works and that makes for a lot more interesting fight

Sasori
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby Ezekiel_Pliskin » Apr 19. 2011, 03:05

It makes sense thats what GSP does sometimes. Everyone thought GSP would do nothing but takedown Kosh and look how that turned out. Everyone says that GSP is going to stand with Shields because thats where he has the clear advantage. I think GSP will take him down a few times in every round
There can be... only one
Ezekiel_Pliskin
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby TheHSA » Apr 19. 2011, 03:09

Ezekiel_Pliskin wrote: Everyone says that GSP is going to stand with Shields because thats where he has the clear advantage. I think GSP will take him down a few times in every round

To surprise his enemy in making a clearly dumb decision to take a BJJ-fighter down, where he's comfortable fighting of his back?
Well, that would be...kinda dumb. Because GSP has not the BJJ-skills to mess with Shields on the ground.
TheHSA
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby Ezekiel_Pliskin » Apr 19. 2011, 03:19

TheHSA wrote:
Ezekiel_Pliskin wrote: Everyone says that GSP is going to stand with Shields because thats where he has the clear advantage. I think GSP will take him down a few times in every round

To surprise his enemy in making a clearly dumb decision to take a BJJ-fighter down, where he's comfortable fighting of his back?
Well, that would be...kinda dumb. Because GSP has not the BJJ-skills to mess with Shields on the ground.

Alright got me there. Alot of people thought it was a terrible decision to stand with Kosh too. He will mix it all up i dont see him just trying to stay on the feet. I dont think he has a chance on the ground either but i def think GSP thinks he does.
There can be... only one
Ezekiel_Pliskin
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby TheHSA » Apr 19. 2011, 03:35

Ezekiel_Pliskin wrote:Alot of people thought it was a terrible decision to stand with Kosh too.

Never understood that. Kos is a wrestler, you're supposed to stand with them. Like Cain did with Brock.
Ezekiel_Pliskin wrote: I dont think he has a chance on the ground either but i def think GSP thinks he does.

Don't think so. GSP is one of the smartest fighters in the UFC. His gameplans are always effective, depending on the fighter. I think, GSP knows Shields' weakness, it's not a secret. Out of his 26 wins, Jake has just 3 TKOs. Against cans.

TheHSA
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby Waftist » Apr 19. 2011, 04:16

Ha! Does he think that he got better stand-up than GSP? Shields throws punches like a 12 year old girl and he has no explosive power and is terribly boring and slow!! GSP will dance around this clown all night and jab the face off of him! GSP will want nothing to do with the ground-game of Shields, even though he would dominate Shields there too.... GSP would win this fight 99 times out of a 100, Shields is not more dangerous than Alves on the feet or BJ/Hughes on the ground or Fitch/Hughes/Koscheck in wrestling I can't see him winning this fight in any way! (unless GSP goes for an unexpected takedown and ends up DDTing himself! but that's it...)
JDS - Minotauro - Machida - Hendo - Hunt - Barnett - Shogun - Lawler - Cruz
Hester - Edwards - Gomi - Masvidal - OSP - Mousasi - Swanson - McCall - Penn
Amagov - Tanaka - Rumble - Romero - Kim - Thatch - Calderwood - Eye - Zingano
Waftist
ONE TIME CRI CHAMPION
ONE TIME CRI CHAMPION

Postby Brigss » Apr 19. 2011, 04:28

I hope this fight doesn't go as we'd expect it to. Shields is gonna throw him off his game and get a lucky KO. :lol:
Piss out the window! and shit out the window!! ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS!!!
Brigss
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby TheHSA » Apr 19. 2011, 04:39

Brigss wrote:I hope this fight doesn't go as we'd expect it to. Shields is gonna throw him off his game and get a lucky KO. :lol:

:shock:
Never, no way in hell, no no no. It's like Bob Sapp submitting Maia via gogoplata.
TheHSA
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby elviss » Apr 19. 2011, 09:02

TheHSA wrote:
Brigss wrote:I hope this fight doesn't go as we'd expect it to. Shields is gonna throw him off his game and get a lucky KO. :lol:

:shock:
Never, no way in hell, no no no. It's like Bob Sapp submitting Maia via gogoplata.

I want gsp to lose so there will be some drama in the division. Perhaps GSP would fight some solid contender match ups :)

elviss
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Next

Return to SERIOUS MMA VIDEOS 3.2

MMASHARE

Our mission is to give MMA fans the power to share and make the world more open and connected for Mixed Martial Arts!