Anderson Silva vs Chris Weidman 2: Full Presser

MMA SHARE Fight Videos, Free UFC Videos, Interviews, Highlights, Weigh-Ins, Previews,... EMBED or link to ORIGINAL MMA VIDEO URL ONLY! next: UFC 175 LIVE STREAM with WEIDMAN vs MACHIDA Fight Video!

Re: Anderson Silva vs Chris Weidman 2: Full Presser

Postby Loki » Dec 9. 2013, 19:12

Kiwi Leon wrote: Weidman was not lucky, he threw a timed punch and he succeeded.

Did anything in the rematch between GSP and Serra suggest that if you gave Serra 99 more rematches that he would win more than a handful of times?

I call that luck when his chances are so slim, but somehow the perfect storm happens, and he somehow pulls off the victory.

Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

Science adjusts its views based on what's observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved.

Alexandra "Stitch" Albu will be P4P GOAT in WMMA
Loki
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby tre loucks » Dec 9. 2013, 19:57

Loki wrote:
Kiwi Leon wrote: Weidman was not lucky, he threw a timed punch and he succeeded.

Did anything in the rematch between GSP and Serra suggest that if you gave Serra 99 more rematches that he would win more than a handful of times?

I call that luck when his chances are so slim, but somehow the perfect storm happens, and he somehow pulls off the victory.

lucky is just an ugly word to describe what happened.
i think saying gsp made a mistake and serra capatalized sounds better.
its not taking away from serra's acomplishment. cause lets face it just being good enough to even get a title shot is impressive and then pulling off the upset too. i dont think you can ride luck all the way to a championship belt.
av bets 5-5
av betting retired by MDF
tre loucks
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby EmptyHand » Dec 9. 2013, 20:29

Luck my ass, it was one fighter going after another and succeeding. Sierra didn't hit the lotto, he aggressively launched an offense and KOd GSP. Weidman properly adjusted to what AS was doing and got him. Doesn't matter the win/lose ratios in your imaginary rematches, or even in real rematches. Let's imagine, a ratio or 2/10. Does this ratio prove that the fighter who won only 2 fights did so by luck? DERP. NO. It isn't indicative of luck, it's indicative of who is the overall better fighter.

GSP adjusted and became a different fighter, now we will see what AS has for Weidman & what Weidman has for AS in the rematch. Weidman would be a refreshing new champ. He doesn't ooze falseness or douchiness. He doesn't seem like a two-face. He seems like he would duck no one, take on all contenders & give rematches where rematches are due. He seems like a straight shooter, is respectful, and a class act.

I root for him.
EmptyHand
mmashare hof
mmashare hof

Postby bigtahoe » Dec 10. 2013, 08:29

You can tell in this interview that Anderson is fired up for the rematch. It's going to be interesting to see him take a fight seriously.
bigtahoe
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby big d mo » Dec 10. 2013, 09:02

Fact: no punches are lucky. If you are throwing punches they are to knock someone out, however; you don't know if any of your strikes are going to be the "one" until it's actually ko'd them.
big d mo
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby Loki » Dec 10. 2013, 09:14

tre loucks wrote:lucky is just an ugly word to describe what happened.
i think saying gsp made a mistake and serra capatalized sounds better.

Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

Science adjusts its views based on what's observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved.

Alexandra "Stitch" Albu will be P4P GOAT in WMMA
Loki
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Previous

Return to SERIOUS MMA VIDEOS 3.1

MMASHARE

Our mission is to give MMA fans the power to share and make the world more open and connected for Mixed Martial Arts!