Gabriel Gonzaga vs Stipe Miocic

MMASHARE Fight Videos, Free UFC Videos, Interviews, Highlights, Weigh-Ins, Previews,... EMBED or link to ORIGINAL MMA VIDEO URL ONLY! next: UFC 175 LIVE STREAM with WEIDMAN vs MACHIDA Fight Video!

Re: Gabriel Gonzaga vs Stipe Miocic

Postby MilosK1mma » Jan 26. 2014, 08:34

I would like to see Miočić vs. Hunt next..

MilosK1mma
MIDDLEW. CHAMP
MIDDLEW. CHAMP

Postby thevillain » Jan 26. 2014, 08:38

Worst perfromance from Gonzaga in a while,sad...

ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ มิวราด
thevillain
Dr. Octagon
Dr. Octagon

Postby Mr. Creosote » Jan 26. 2014, 09:20

socom_ninja wrote:Gonzaga was outgassed and looked bewildered.

Fixed

Gonzaga looks slow and plodding but that's only because his gas tank seemed to be running on vapours. He's very quick and can put a kick upside your head like no one else in the heavyweight division. His overhand right was geting in and he was doing very well in the first round. But he needs better core conditioning. Stipe wore him down then picked him apart, particularly in the 3rd. Stipe did get clipped by a few, even late in the fight and if Gonzaga would condition more seriously it may have been a different fight. You think that having been released once by the UFC would be enough reason for him to do so.
"Although detractors decry it as a brutal, bloody form of human c0ckfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally f*cking awesome form of human c0ckfighting" -- The Onion
Mr. Creosote
MIDDLEW. CHAMP
MIDDLEW. CHAMP

Postby Rex Fortune » Jan 26. 2014, 09:39

Josh1 wrote:
Lotos wrote:
socom_ninja wrote:Gonzaga was outclassed and looked bewildered.

I almost felt sorry for the big gorilla..

Joe hit the nail on the head about his camp.

Miocic needs to get the heck out of his obscure Ohio camp too..

Miocic has trained at Alliance and also teams up with Camozzi with his team mate Brian rogers for training there.

Strong Style is a pretty camp.

Ehhh. There are some better gyms nearby. World Kickboxing Academy has one of the best muay thai coaches in the Midwest, and its only 20 minutes from Independence. (where strong style is) Saulo Ribero has a school out in Toledo, a couple hours away. Matt Brown's camp is two hours south, same as Gurgel's.
Monkeys are what happens when you have opposable thumbs but not higher reasoning. And are an asshole. -Josh Barnett
Rex Fortune
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby freespirit » Jan 26. 2014, 19:53

Stipe was just too cautious. .. looked like he had a thirst for points & not blood.

Even when gonzaga was obviously gassed miocic seemed to hold too much respect for him. All I could think is he was afraid of getting crocopped.
freespirit
MIDDLEW. CHAMP
MIDDLEW. CHAMP

Postby Josh » Jan 27. 2014, 02:22

All I can say is Stipe has been able to make two good fighters look like shit.... Nelson and Gonzaga.. So the guy deserves some props.. This guy will be Champ ....

"If you never quit, You really can`t fail!"

"I've got a handful of people i would support till the end of days; thats what it means to be a fan. Otherwise you're just a bandwagon rider."
Josh
hofcri3
hofcri3

Postby kraig7777 » Jan 27. 2014, 02:55

Josh1 wrote:All I can say is Stipe has been able to make two good fighters look like shit.... Nelson and Gonzaga.. So the guy deserves some props.. This guy will be Champ ....

He's looking good but he ain't all that. Honestly I think Overeem or Browne would wreck him. Forget about Cain or JDS.
There are two worlds: the world we can measure with line and rule, and the world that we feel with our hearts and imagination. - Leigh Hunt
kraig7777
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby bonziolosh » Jan 27. 2014, 03:09

kraig7777 wrote:
Josh1 wrote:All I can say is Stipe has been able to make two good fighters look like shit.... Nelson and Gonzaga.. So the guy deserves some props.. This guy will be Champ ....

He's looking good but he ain't all that. Honestly I think Overeem or Browne would wreck him. Forget about Cain or JDS.

+1 ... and ... FYI ... NAPAO broke his Right hand in the first round ...

is normal
bonziolosh
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby Josh » Jan 27. 2014, 05:21

kraig7777 wrote:

He might get Overeem after he beats Mir!! you never know and then we`ll get to see how good he is. He might even get Barnett.
"If you never quit, You really can`t fail!"

"I've got a handful of people i would support till the end of days; thats what it means to be a fan. Otherwise you're just a bandwagon rider."
Josh
hofcri3
hofcri3

Postby bonziolosh » Jan 27. 2014, 06:56

Josh1 wrote:
kraig7777 wrote:

He might get Overeem after he beats Mir!! you never know and then we`ll get to see how good he is. He might even get Barnett.

he is good...but i really don't see him getting a W vs a top5 ... you are right .. you never know ... but i am not convinced at all by this guy...

cheers

is normal
bonziolosh
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby Kaiken » Jan 27. 2014, 09:36

Josh1 wrote:good performance Huntsman... He Won fairly easy in this fight. It`s great he was able to test his cardio for a full three rounds because in about two fights Stipe just might be fighting for the belt!!. This kid just gets better and better.
Future Champion

He wouldn't last 2 round with Cain, even JDS or Fabricio would take Stipe to school
AV Record 2-0

Weidman > Machida - 2 weeks - Shitits Mcgee
Kaiken
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby Juupa » Jan 27. 2014, 09:52

I thought it was pretty impressive how Gonzaga managed to land that right hand several times. Or maybe it was really unimpressive how Miocic got hit with it despite knowing that it was coming. And that's ultimately why I'm still not hyped about Miocic. Still glad that he keeps climbing the ranks though.
Juupa
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby kraig7777 » Jan 27. 2014, 14:34

Josh1 wrote:
kraig7777 wrote:

He's too much for Barnett lol.

He's maybe the best technical boxer I've seen as a HW, maybe better at boxing than JDS. Him and Overeem might be interesting.
There are two worlds: the world we can measure with line and rule, and the world that we feel with our hearts and imagination. - Leigh Hunt
kraig7777
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby kraig7777 » Jan 27. 2014, 14:40

Juupa wrote:I thought it was pretty impressive how Gonzaga managed to land that right hand several times. Or maybe it was really unimpressive how Miocic got hit with it despite knowing that it was coming. And that's ultimately why I'm still not hyped about Miocic. Still glad that he keeps climbing the ranks though.

Head movement. He has it. GG's overhand right KO's him without the head movement.

I just don't think he has enough power against the HW's to KO any of the big boys himself. His nice technical boxing isn't going to do shit against Cain or JDS. Brock Lesnar even. Brock would run him over with a takedown like a freight train.

kraig7777
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

PreviousNext

Return to SERIOUS MMA VIDEOS 2.7

MMASHARE

Our mission is to give MMA fans the power to share and make the world more open and connected for Mixed Martial Arts!