The Witcher 2

MMASHARE Support, Free Movies, TV, Games, Music, Sport, Girls, ...

The Witcher 2 anyone?

Postby TheHSA » May 21. 2011, 19:13

This great game just came out and no thread about it? It's a shame.
I played a couple of hours already and I like it a lot. The only thing I liked better in part 1, was the fight system with its combos. But the graphics are next-gen now (DX11) and the story is epic. No more running for a half hour across the map.
The gags, the crude language and the sexual content which made part one a very unique RPG are still in there. As far as I played it, I liked it
TheHSA
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

The Witcher 2

Postby The Black Dragon » May 22. 2011, 10:10

The Witcher 2 is a single-player fantasy role-playing game by CD Projekt RED, starring Geralt, the hero from the first game released in 2007. Geralt is a witcher, a ghost-haired mutant that can wield swords and magical powers to dispatch foes. Expect a large cast of characters to interact with, plenty of ways to upgrade and customize Geralt to suit your play style, and at least one boss fight against a giant tentacle beast.

From what's been said about the game so far, The Witcher 2 is enormous. The official word is 40 hours long, though it's unclear how much that may vary if you decide to take part in all the side quests and minigames. Like in the first game, your actions while playing affect what happens later. In the sequel, this may mean you'll miss entire towns (as well as the associated storylines and side quests) on your first playthrough. According to the game's official site there'll be four different beginnings and 16 possible endings. CD Projekt RED is using an entirely new engine for the sequel, which basically means The Witcher 2 looks significantly prettier than the original, which utilized a modified version of BioWare's Aurora Engine.

Combat has also received a significant overhaul. Gone is the restrictive timing-based system used in the original, replaced by a more free-form system that should be more familiar to those who play third-person action games. You'll be able to equip lots of different armor pieces this time, as well use weapons, spells and alchemical components to kill your enemies. - IGN

Full review in progress:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/116/1168535p1.html

phpBB [video]

"What is best in life?"

"To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
The Black Dragon
mmashare hof
mmashare hof

Re: The Witcher 2 anyone?

Postby The Black Dragon » May 22. 2011, 10:11

Definitely deserves it's own main thread, this game looks incredible. So without further ado:

http://www.mmashareforums.com/games-f37/the-witcher-2-t40922.html
"What is best in life?"

"To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
The Black Dragon
mmashare hof
mmashare hof

Re: The Witcher 2

Postby TheHSA » May 22. 2011, 10:16

The Witcher 2 rocks.
Last edited by TheHSA on May 22. 2011, 19:36, edited 1 time in total.
TheHSA
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby mmashare-one » May 22. 2011, 10:24

This game looks like it's addictive and time consuming. Don't start this game. I heard that several kids in Korea starved to death while playing this type of game for 2 weeks without sleep without eating. :lol:
signature
mmashare-one
mmashare hof
mmashare hof

Postby mmashare-one » May 22. 2011, 10:27

Does this game has a griefer's trap ? ( not sure of spelling ? )

signature
mmashare-one
mmashare hof
mmashare hof

Postby TheHSA » May 22. 2011, 10:27

mrdragonfly1234 wrote:This game looks like it's addictive and time consuming. Don't start this game. I heard that several kids in Korea starved to death while playing this type of game for 2 weeks without sleep without eating. :lol:

MMORPG like World of Warcraft != Singleplayer RPG like The Witcher
TheHSA
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby TheHSA » May 22. 2011, 10:31

Nevermind, pointless post was here. Threads were merged.
Last edited by TheHSA on May 22. 2011, 19:35, edited 1 time in total.
TheHSA
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby The Black Dragon » May 22. 2011, 12:02

TheHSA wrote:Here's my original post from thread Black Dragon locked up for no reason

"I played a couple of hours already and I like it a lot. The only thing I liked better in part 1, was the fight system with its combos. But the graphics are next-gen now (DX11) and the story is epic. No more running for a half hour across the map.
The gags, the crude language and the sexual content which made part one a very unique RPG are still in there. As far as I played it, I liked it"

Your first sentence was this, actually: "This great game just came out and no thread about it? It's a shame."

I wasn't trying to overthrow your thread or anything, but you were just asking a question about why there wasn't a thread for it and then posting a brief paragraph about you liking it. This is an actual thread about the game itself, with videos, links and screenshots, which is how an official game thread is supposed to be. I only locked yours because it seemed silly to have two threads about the same game. If it's really bothering you, I can unlock the other one.

Sorry, it seemed like you were asking why there wasn't an official game thread for it, so I made one. :|
"What is best in life?"

The Black Dragon
mmashare hof
mmashare hof

Postby TheHSA » May 22. 2011, 15:06

I was surprised why I'm the first to make this thread, because the game is great and I thought someone already made a thread about it. Just surprised.
Does it make sense to start a thread just to ask for an other thread? :roll

TheHSA
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby The Black Dragon » May 22. 2011, 17:18

TheHSA wrote:I was surprised why I'm the first to make this thread, because the game is great and I thought someone already made a thread about it. Just surprised.
Does it make sense to start a thread just to ask for an other thread? :roll

You would be amazed at what some people do on here, actually. Anyway, it wasn't my intention to overthrow you or anything, so sorry if I offended you. I just spotted your thread and figured "hey, he's right, we need an official thread for this game, because it looks fucking awesome".

Here, I merged the threads, so you're the OP. It's silly to have 2 threads about the same thing, so I'll just make them one SUPER THREAD!
"What is best in life?"

The Black Dragon
mmashare hof
mmashare hof

Postby TheHSA » May 22. 2011, 19:38

The Black Dragon wrote:Anyway, it wasn't my intention to overthrow you or anything, so sorry if I offended you.

Misunderstandings happen. No problem.
TheHSA
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby lasni » Jul 14. 2011, 15:02

mrdragonfly1234 wrote:Does this game has a griefer's trap ? ( not sure of spelling ? )

This makes me wonder, when will people learn moderation? Game or no game, people with poorly set priorities and no self control will always find a way to fuck things up.
lasni
mmashare hof
mmashare hof

Postby LukeDog » Jul 27. 2011, 18:13

Just finished this game, it was fucking amazing! The only downside is it is wayyy too short but thats because i wanted to keep playing. The ending is absolutely horrible! have to wait god knows how many years to carry on from there in the witcher 3.

LukeDog
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Next

Return to OFF TOPIC

MMASHARE

Our mission is to give MMA fans the power to share and make the world more open and connected for Mixed Martial Arts! MMA Forum, UFC Live Streaming and MMA Fight Videos!