Your feelings on Jones Vs Evans

Create opinion topics, Prediction/Recap Videos and share mma news from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, MMAjunkie, Bloodyelbow, ...

Re: Your feelings on Jones Vs Evans

Postby Floyduss » Apr 25. 2012, 02:11

SakuEar wrote:
Floyd wrote:
he also said that he thought rashad would be swinging haymakers and didnt wanna risk the chance of getting ko'd :wink:

i never heard that, and i watched the post fight presser and all of the interviews i could find. cause i have a shit ton of time on my hands right now. but i guess i will take your word for it. :wink:

found it... at the end of the fight when he talks to rogan, check it out!

Floyduss
CRI President
CRI President

Postby SakuEar » Apr 25. 2012, 03:53

he didnt say that. he said "haha you know what? i knew rashad would be throwin those haymakers, and you know im a mixed martial artist, i am not afraid to be on my back, so yeah definitely, I pulled guard!"

SakuEar
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby Floyduss » Apr 25. 2012, 06:22

And what do you think he meant Saku? Just remember we have haymakers and pulling guard in the same sentence... lol.

Actually, don't bother.
Floyduss
CRI President
CRI President

Postby meh00 » Apr 25. 2012, 10:24

yeah don't. Obviously you need a lot of work on your english writing skills. Don't get mad at people when they read what you say and burn you, only for you to come back and say you didn't mean it that way or whatever.
meh00
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby agenterror » Apr 25. 2012, 10:30

Honestly im disappointed with Evans. He should have kicked more and just threw more diverse striker than just the overhand right. Oh well
Before I saw Fedor Emelianenko fight, I thought mixed martial arts was a debased and debauched distraction for frat boys and thugs, more evidence of the slow demise of civilization, as if more evidence were needed.
agenterror
Zuffa
Zuffa

Postby BLOODMONEY » Apr 25. 2012, 10:41

Arevir wrote:Bloodmoney I hate to say it, well f*ck no I don't hate to say it I was right bitch, but this wasn't going to be the fireworks you were expecting. More than often, the hyped up fights end up being a big let down.

What are you talking about Arevir?, or should I call you a choice word as well? I thought it was a great fight and I was right about that. This is the first time Bones went the distance, as well as this is the first time his opponent left the octagon looking none the worse than himself. I thought Rashad did a good job, he coulda done better, as could Jones. I will say that at that point in time, that night, no other fighter would have been able to survive fighting either Jones or Rashad IMO.

On a different note, anybody else think it's time for Zuffa to do another LHW season of TUF? I do, UFC needs to keep the golden division gleaming and shiny with talent and overflowing with prospects.

Great card gents! I was very happy by nights end. :mrgreen:

#1 DARTH Bader fan
WAR BADER!
WAR DOLLAWAY!
WAR MILLER Bros.!
WAR HENDRICKS!
WAR CONDIT!
WAR BELCHER!
WAR KUNG FU PANDA!
WAR BADR HARI!

15-5 AV bet record ........ Come at me bro.
BLOODMONEY
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby Coach Rich » Apr 25. 2012, 10:41

I wouldn't say I was disappointed but it didn't live up to my expectations. For as much hype as many fights get and all the drama and shit talking, in this one, there actually was bad blood. So many times we hear all this bullshit build up to fights in which the only reason fighters don't like each other is simply because they are facing each other. This is one of the few cases where there was some real life drama like Tito/Chuck and a couple others where the fighters really hate each other for personal shit. I thought they would have fought with a little more urgency and emotion.

I was especially disappointed in Rashad in the later rounds. Rashad is one of the most cerebral fighters in the game. By the middle of round 4, he had to know that there was no other way to win this fight other than a finish. He also had to be aware that Jones knew the same thing and would take fewer risks. This is for the title. I just don't understand why he didn't go for broke and try to win it at this point. Maybe he was thinking rematch and he'd fair a little better by going the distance? I don't know. All I know is everyone had to have know by the middle of round 4 that Rashad had no chance of winning, especially Rashad. I wish he would have just opened it up at that point and tried to win.
Don't kiss an ass that's about to shit on you.
Coach Rich
Drunken old fart
Drunken old fart

Postby Coach Rich » Apr 25. 2012, 10:48

On another note, some are complaining Jones didn't take enough risks. Rashad is a counter puncher. Still Jones initiated most of the exchanges. As for risks keep in mind it called a title "DEFENSE" for a reason. The champion is defending his belt. It's up to the challenger to go get it and take it away. Rashad (the challenger) was by far the less aggressive of the two fighters. Instead of going out there and trying to take the belt from the champ as a challenger should do, he was sitting back waiting for Jones to make a mistake he could capitalize on.
Don't kiss an ass that's about to shit on you.
Coach Rich
Drunken old fart
Drunken old fart

Postby ToughGuy » Apr 25. 2012, 11:00

Coach Rich wrote:On another note, some are complaining Jones didn't take enough risks. Rashad is a counter puncher. Still Jones initiated most of the exchanges. As for risks keep in mind it called a title "DEFENSE" for a reason. The champion is defending his belt. It's up to the challenger to go get it and take it away. Rashad (the challenger) was by far the less aggressive of the two fighters. Instead of going out there and trying to take the belt from the champ as a challenger should do, he was sitting back waiting for Jones to make a mistake he could capitalize on.

Well put. I was quite disappointed in Rashad's effort. He didn't even fully commit to a takedown.
ToughGuy
mmashare hof
mmashare hof

Postby Floyduss » Apr 27. 2012, 02:13

ToughGuy wrote:
Coach Rich wrote:On another note, some are complaining Jones didn't take enough risks. Rashad is a counter puncher. Still Jones initiated most of the exchanges. As for risks keep in mind it called a title "DEFENSE" for a reason. The champion is defending his belt. It's up to the challenger to go get it and take it away. Rashad (the challenger) was by far the less aggressive of the two fighters. Instead of going out there and trying to take the belt from the champ as a challenger should do, he was sitting back waiting for Jones to make a mistake he could capitalize on.

Well put. I was quite disappointed in Rashad's effort. He didn't even fully commit to a takedown.

+1. I was expecting too see Evans on top of Bones atleast once in the fight.

Floyduss
CRI President
CRI President

Postby beerFoam » Apr 27. 2012, 02:14

u could 4 like 5-10 seconds in the last round
beerFoam
mmashare hof
mmashare hof

Postby Floyduss » Apr 27. 2012, 02:29

thats true actually. Evans looked good on top, he was very busy but that dosent say much, he knew the fight was about to end if he didn't end it. I would have liked to see him earn a takedown.
Floyduss
CRI President
CRI President

Postby snake eyes » Apr 27. 2012, 02:42

kusok wrote:My feelings:

1- Most MMA fans are gullible and naive, and are easily influenced by hype.

To hear how invincible Jones is is really sad. People who say this don't realize that the very same thing was said about many other fighters in the past, and they all lost at one point anyway, often soon thereafter, and badly, in embarrassing fashion. As an example, I remember people thinking Brock was unbeatable, only days later he would stumble and tumble as he got ass-raped by another "star" who then in turn was just as hyped, and ALSO went on to get his shit kicked in in 1st round by one punch etc.
MMA fans never learn. Jones is a GREAT fighter! But he has plenty of flaws, as they all do, and is FAR from perfect, and will get his ass kicked either in next fight or in a dozen fights, but it will happen, often when you least expect it. one punch is all it takes, Rashad could have been 0.0001 of an inch to his right or left with that punch and BOOOOM! lights out for Jones. And many of you would feel kinda stupid.

2- Rashad was scared.

3- Jones was a tiny bit nervous and cautious. A bit too stiff in stand-up and not moving his head enough.

4- Jones is too big for 205, or the 205ers are too small for Jones. He made Machida and Rashad look like lightweights. Did not even look fair.

5- Jones would end this fight in 1 round if he was a bit more relaxed and either blasted Rashad or GnP him or sub.

Agreed in all points. But the Brock comparison hurt. Seriously no sane person ever thought that brock was unbeatable..
snake eyes
mmashare hof
mmashare hof

Postby Floyduss » Apr 27. 2012, 02:55

snake eyes wrote:
kusok wrote:My feelings:

1- Most MMA fans are gullible and naive, and are easily influenced by hype.

To hear how invincible Jones is is really sad. People who say this don't realize that the very same thing was said about many other fighters in the past, and they all lost at one point anyway, often soon thereafter, and badly, in embarrassing fashion. As an example, I remember people thinking Brock was unbeatable, only days later he would stumble and tumble as he got ass-raped by another "star" who then in turn was just as hyped, and ALSO went on to get his shit kicked in in 1st round by one punch etc.
MMA fans never learn. Jones is a GREAT fighter! But he has plenty of flaws, as they all do, and is FAR from perfect, and will get his ass kicked either in next fight or in a dozen fights, but it will happen, often when you least expect it. one punch is all it takes, Rashad could have been 0.0001 of an inch to his right or left with that punch and BOOOOM! lights out for Jones. And many of you would feel kinda stupid.

2- Rashad was scared.

3- Jones was a tiny bit nervous and cautious. A bit too stiff in stand-up and not moving his head enough.

4- Jones is too big for 205, or the 205ers are too small for Jones. He made Machida and Rashad look like lightweights. Did not even look fair.

5- Jones would end this fight in 1 round if he was a bit more relaxed and either blasted Rashad or GnP him or sub.

Agreed in all points. But the Brock comparison hurt. Seriously no sane person ever thought that brock was unbeatable..

It was hilarious when everyone thought he was a god for beating randy couture

Floyduss
CRI President
CRI President

PreviousNext

Return to MMA DISCUSSION 3.5

MMASHARE

Our mission is to give MMA fans the power to share and make the world more open and connected for Mixed Martial Arts! MMA Forum, UFC Live Streaming and MMA Fight Videos!