Rampage Admits To Taking TRT Prior To Bader Fight

Create opinion topics, Prediction/Recap Videos and share mma news from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, MMAjunkie, Bloodyelbow, ...

Re: Rampage Admits To Taking TRT Prior To Bader Fight

Postby willyg44 » Mar 2. 2012, 09:29

I don't get why it matters as long as they are just restoring to normal testosterone levels. Fighters like Chael who used it to boost levels to an unfair level is the issue.

willyg44
mmashare hof
mmashare hof

Postby thevillain » Mar 2. 2012, 09:56

willyg44 wrote:I don't get why it matters as long as they are just restoring to normal testosterone levels. Fighters like Chael who used it to boost levels to an unfair level is the issue.

I´m pretty sure that in the long run,this very bad for your body/system.Years ago,i´ve read an articel about business guys,millionaires who took TRT just to become a little bit younger feeling.They got sixpacks again and shit like that,really crazy.Mostly old business men,so that they can play football with their grandchildren again and stuff like that.And they said that they still dont know how this will affect our organism,and that it can cause serious damage in different ways( your organs ! ).
So in my eyes,they give that to fighters just to make them able to compete longer ( Best example,HENDO )
But in the long run,they really dont care what is going on with their body,and if this is really not a threat for our body.
So in my eyes,F*CK TRT !
If you are no longer able to fight with your own testosterone,you should think about stop fighting :wink:

ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ มิวราด
thevillain
Dr. Octagon
Dr. Octagon

Postby willyg44 » Mar 2. 2012, 10:20

thevillain wrote:
willyg44 wrote:I don't get why it matters as long as they are just restoring to normal testosterone levels. Fighters like Chael who used it to boost levels to an unfair level is the issue.

I´m pretty sure that in the long run,this very bad for your body/system.Years ago,i´ve read an articel about business guys,millionaires who took TRT just to become a little bit younger feeling.They got sixpacks again and shit like that,really crazy.Mostly old business men,so that they can play football with their grandchildren again and stuff like that.And they said that they still dont know how this will affect our organism,and that it can cause serious damage in different ways( your organs ! ).
So in my eyes,they give that to fighters just to make them able to compete longer ( Best example,HENDO )
But in the long run,they really dont care what is going on with their body,and if this is really not a threat for our body.
So in my eyes,F*CK TRT !
If you are no longer able to fight with your own testosterone,you should think about stop fighting :wink:

If it's just an issue about what it does for your body though, I don't think anyone is in the position to judge, except the fighter. If they want to mess up their body that's fine, as long as they are not getting an advantage over other fighters with normal test levels. Same reason I think the seatbelt laws are absurd. It's a personal choice, it isn't affecting others.
willyg44
mmashare hof
mmashare hof

Postby thevillain » Mar 2. 2012, 10:21

willyg44 wrote:
thevillain wrote:

So in my eyes,F*CK TRT !

If it's just an issue about what it does for your body though, I don't think anyone is in the position to judge, except the fighter. If they want to mess up their body that's fine, as long as they are not getting an advantage over other fighters with normal test levels. Same reason I think the seatbelt laws are absurd. It's a personal choice, it isn't affecting others.

True man,your word in god's ear :D
But i mentioned this,because maybe TRT can also affect a fighter in a negative way ! Of course Rampage surely did this because his injury.But mabye he would have done better without it ? We will never know...
ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ มิวราด
thevillain
Dr. Octagon
Dr. Octagon

Postby Juupa » Mar 2. 2012, 15:59

thevillain wrote:But i mentioned this,because maybe TRT can also affect a fighter in a negative way ! Of course Rampage surely did this because his injury.But mabye he would have done better without it ? We will never know...

You seem fairly paranoid about testosterone.
Juupa
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby Sasori » Mar 2. 2012, 16:03

Juupa wrote:
thevillain wrote:But i mentioned this,because maybe TRT can also affect a fighter in a negative way ! Of course Rampage surely did this because his injury.But mabye he would have done better without it ? We will never know...

Testosterone is no joke though, can cause cloths and grow your hearth. It's not some innocent product if beyond the body's production (unless there is some endocrine problem)

Sasori
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby thevillain » Mar 2. 2012, 22:16

Sasori wrote:
Juupa wrote:

Testosterone is no joke though, can cause cloths and grow your hearth. It's not some innocent product if beyond the body's production (unless there is some endocrine problem)

That´s what it is.So i would also be careful with using things like that.You never know what kind of long-term effects you get.I think guys like Hendo take this risk,because theres a lot of money to earn.But at the end of the day,they also know that this is nothing that your body can take just like it is nothing.
ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ มิวราด
thevillain
Dr. Octagon
Dr. Octagon

Postby Juupa » Mar 3. 2012, 05:21

Sasori wrote:Testosterone is no joke though, can cause cloths and grow your hearth. It's not some innocent product if beyond the body's production (unless there is some endocrine problem)

But the jury is still out on all of that. We don't know what risks the therapy carries at which doses for what age group. Low testosterone is linked to increased risk of heart disease, high testosterone is linked to increased risk of heart disease (at least with men over 65). Testosterone can help create blood clots, testosterone can prevent clots by dilating arteries.
As for the bigger picture, testosterone helps with retaining muscle mass and keeping body fat levels down. For less active men that can be a huge contribution to their quality of life and lowered body fat percentage definitely plays its part in preventing heart diseases.

If I'd have to guess how things are going to develop, I think they're going to arrive at the conclusion that TRT is most effective in its benefits when applied to approx. middle aged men. They'll probably set some arbitrary age limit at the point where risks start to pile up.

Don't remember hearing about TRT causing heart growth though.
Juupa
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby Crazy Kraut » Mar 3. 2012, 05:51

Juupa wrote:
Sasori wrote:Testosterone is no joke though, can cause cloths and grow your hearth. It's not some innocent product if beyond the body's production (unless there is some endocrine problem)

Its exactly the opposite, your heart shrinks to minimum once all body fat is gone. So hearth mass starts transfering into body mass.
Crazy Kraut
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Location: Watching MMA events, hoping to see our local fighters in UFC.

Postby Sasori » Mar 3. 2012, 05:58

Crazy Kraut wrote:
Juupa wrote:

Its exactly the opposite, your heart shrinks to minimum once all body fat is gone. So hearth mass starts transfering into body mass.

Sorry, mixed in hgh.
theoretically a too high dosage of testosterone along with high activity can cause a enlarged heart but then we would be outside the frames of therapy.
Getting this right is going to be a science in itself. People have different levels, it's just the way we work. The average is just as it is stated, average. It might be wrong for some. I think the diagnostic method should require actual symptoms of low testosterone and not just a low test.

Sasori
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby thevillain » Mar 3. 2012, 08:57

No matter what exactly it wil lcause,it is ture what Juupa said.
If the heart grows too heavy it is dangerous,and if it shrinks the same.So it is important for the body to have a balance which is normally givan to us naturally.Same for all of our organs and our system.And if you start taking hormones,you can be sure that your balance will become some serious problems :wink:
ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ มิวราด
thevillain
Dr. Octagon
Dr. Octagon

Postby Crazy Kraut » Mar 3. 2012, 11:02

Sasori wrote:Sorry, mixed in hgh.
theoretically a too high dosage of testosterone along with high activity can cause a enlarged heart but then we would be outside the frames of therapy.
Getting this right is going to be a science in itself. People have different levels, it's just the way we work. The average is just as it is stated, average. It might be wrong for some. I think the diagnostic method should require actual symptoms of low testosterone and not just a low test.

np, thought we were talking about longer lasting effects... I agree that we are different and some need higher testosterone levels to be able to competit, but that is not acceptable in my opinion.
We should listen our body and if it saying it has enough that is for a reason.
just my 2 cents
Crazy Kraut
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Location: Watching MMA events, hoping to see our local fighters in UFC.

Postby BLOODMONEY » Mar 3. 2012, 12:26

KingThomas wrote:
Keeeee wrote:dont worry bader is probably jacked up on way worse stuff

agreed.

And to ppl who blame him for not saying it before: telling your opponent you got injured might turn out against you. All you gain is a solider excuse after you lose, but who f*cking cares? Tho Bader probably knew there was something wrong with rampage as he weighed in 6 pounds over.

Woah, woah there guys! Just because 'Page did it DOES NOT mean Bader did. You know, there are fighters who get in shape and perform to there highest level by using good ol' fashioned hard work and dedication. Let's not point fingers or accusations until you have reasonable grounds too/proof. Bader has NEVER tested positive and I have yet to see him take an easy route for anything.

So, does 'Page being injured yet on HGH, even out the playing field and give Bader the credit he deserves for that win? I mean in the eyes of those, "He couldn't finish an outta shape/injured 'Page", guys. I think it should.
#1 DARTH Bader fan
WAR BADER!
WAR DOLLAWAY!
WAR MILLER Bros.!
WAR HENDRICKS!
WAR CONDIT!
WAR BELCHER!
WAR KUNG FU PANDA!
WAR BADR HARI!

15-5 AV bet record ........ Come at me bro.
BLOODMONEY
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby traeblack » Mar 3. 2012, 15:21

But its not that he couldnt finish, He didnt even try to, he was content on holding him down and riding out the decision.

traeblack
mmashare hof
mmashare hof

Previous

Return to MMA DISCUSSION 3.5

MMASHARE

Our mission is to give MMA fans the power to share and make the world more open and connected for Mixed Martial Arts! MMA Forum, UFC Live Streaming and MMA Fight Videos!