Joe Rogan: Marijuana is a PED

Create opinion topics, Prediction/Recap Videos and share mma news from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, MMAjunkie, Bloodyelbow, ...

Re: Joe Rogan: Marijuana is a PED

Postby esofty8 » Feb 16. 2012, 02:11

I would like to hear Joe elaborate on this because he probably knows more about weed then everyone on this website... it just doesnt add up. There has to be some basis to this, something, hes a smart f*cking guy

esofty8
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Buck Satan » Feb 16. 2012, 04:03

It's different for everybody. Some people get goofy and hungry, some get focused.

Buck Satan
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby Sharky » Feb 16. 2012, 04:05

PooSmear wrote:
Nycto Da 6'0 wrote:In that same interview, Joe said Adderal, an ADHD medication can also be viewed as a PED because it gives guys a mental edge.

:/ Joe is smoking too much weed... Adderall can actually be pretty physically damaging, it can make you lose muscle mass.

It could also be very effective for weight cutting if you keep your protein intake up.
"That is MMA anyone can lose. It just happens. If you are a true MMA fan you should judge on the body of work not one fight" - Shane Carwin
Sharky
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby jojoclown777 » Feb 16. 2012, 04:55

Bullshit Joe. HOW does it enhance performance? Saying that mother fuckers use it is f*cking IDIOTIC. Is PISS going to be a f*cking banned substance if Machida becomes champ again?
jojoclown777
mmashare hof
mmashare hof

Postby willyg44 » Feb 16. 2012, 06:06

I love how people are saying he's wrong lol. It's just his opinion, and the opinion of many other JJ guys and MMA fighters. It's not just him who gets benefits. Some of you maybe smoked some shitty weed before and that's what you're basing it on, or the strain you smoked, or maybe the most reasonable answer you just have different effects as everyone is different. I don't get why people are so defensive of this opinion of his and others :o Weed actually makes me more focused and more determined during workouts. However, if you ask my wife, it just makes her want to do nothing but eat food and relax and watch movies. So to each their own, I'm more interested in how people are affected so differently by weed. I'm a lot more lazy when I'm sober, which doesn't seem to be the popular opinion here, but the point is, it isn't like Joe is lying here. It's just his opinion on how it affects him and others he knows.

Here's the link to his MMA Hour segment: http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/2/14/2796903/the-mma-hour-episode-no-118-joe-rogan
willyg44
mmashare hof
mmashare hof

Postby SakuEar » Feb 16. 2012, 06:15

im WAY more lazy when im sober too. and im sober now. i eat way more food when im sober too. ive gained almost 30 pounds since quitting smoking weed. its really bad. i used to work out every day with the heavybag+ elyptical cardio, now i dont do shit except look for a job, sing, post on 'share, listen to music, play games and eat food. and my appetite now is f*cking voracious, i cant get enough food. whereas when i was smoking, i used to not really eat that much. weed truly affects everyone differently.

SakuEar
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby RICH_DOGPAIL » Feb 16. 2012, 06:24

Buck Satan wrote:It's different for everybody. Some people get goofy and hungry, some get focused.

thats exactly it. I would imagine when your life is jiu jits like for eddie bravo, you would eventaully hit plateaus in your skills/training... marijuana can give you a completely different persepctive which can help overcome or innovate beyond these plateaus. Alot of fighters will bring in other training partners to help with this, why not bring in Mary-Jane.

I do agree that learning is state dependant at times, and not all of us learn the same way, therefore I can see thc not being a PED for everyone.

side note:adderol can lead to a higher likelihood of muscle mass loss as amphetamines keep your nervous system turned on (sympathetic state), which leads to higher sugar demands ...which at times may need to be met by the breakdown on muscle protein if diet is not well maintained.
RICH_DOGPAIL
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby oberfussmeister » Feb 16. 2012, 10:01

Nycto Da 6'0 wrote:In that same interview, Joe said Adderal, an ADHD medication can also be viewed as a PED because it gives guys a mental edge.

Adderal = Speed
people got to realize that the pharma corp. make lots of money drugging children...

Joe Rogan shouldnt talk so much shit hes an idiot who thinks he knows everything. he always knows a little bit of something and makes up his own shit. dude had an appearance in an Alex Jones movie or something that says it all...
oberfussmeister
mmashare hof
mmashare hof

Postby mmasolera » Feb 16. 2012, 10:14

I do think Marijuana helps cardio. When I surf or run a marathon I smoke before and it helps my cardio and concentration.
mmasolera
mmashare hof
mmashare hof

Postby Predator225 » Feb 16. 2012, 10:20

so, to sum this thread up:
1.) if weed is a PED, it's unconsistent as f*ck, since not 2 people here feel the same effects from it.
and
2.) kinda ridiculous how much shit a Stand-up comic gets for voicing his opinion.

"Woe to you O earth and sea
for the Devil sends the beast with wrath because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
for it is a human number
it's number is six hundred and sixty six."
Predator225
mmashare hof
mmashare hof

Postby bartoidy » Feb 16. 2012, 12:46

I disagree. Rogan sucks.
bartoidy
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby CrazySexyCool » Feb 16. 2012, 13:17

of course marijuana is a PED, it increase stamina and helps in relaxation... but obviously it`s not that helpful as steroids, trt, testosterone etc.
SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH, IT`S QUIET BAD I KNOW.

Height 6 ft 2 in
Weight 215~220 lb
Reach 78 in

--------------------------------------

Fav. Fighters : Fedor Emelianenko, Georges St-Pierre, Lyoto Machida, Cain Valasquez, Gegard Mousasi
CrazySexyCool
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby pake » Feb 16. 2012, 18:01

oberfussmeister wrote:Adderal = Speed
people got to realize that the pharma corp. make lots of money drugging children...

Joe Rogan shouldnt talk so much shit hes an idiot who thinks he knows everything. he always knows a little bit of something and makes up his own shit. dude had an appearance in an Alex Jones movie or something that says it all...

yeah and you should also realize how incredibly life changing adderall can be to those same kids..
pake
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby nfajammin » Feb 16. 2012, 18:05

I used to be a bit of a Rogan fan boy, but in months gone bye i find myself disagreeing with him on a range of things more and more often, and maybe its just me but his commentary has slowly got worse in recent times.

Joe's early calls when he thinks a fighter is about to pull off a jiu-jitsu technique is classic.......................I know He knows his stuff and alot of it is just enthusiasm but damnnnnn some of those early calls are to funny.

nfajammin
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

PreviousNext

Return to MMA DISCUSSION 3.5

MMASHARE

Our mission is to give MMA fans the power to share and make the world more open and connected for Mixed Martial Arts! MMA Forum, UFC Live Streaming and MMA Fight Videos!