Most Popular Fighter in America?

Create opinion topics, Prediction/Recap Videos and share mma news from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, MMAjunkie, Bloodyelbow, ...

Re: Most Popular Fighter in America?

Postby Lucky » Mar 18. 2012, 16:42

I_Forgot_My_Password wrote:
came2kickbox wrote:
Ordi1324 wrote:The undisputed welterweight champion of the world : GEORGES "RUSH" ST-PIERRE!

yes because all americans love there canadian counter parts its well documented :roll:

We americans like fighters, not stallers. Not to many GSP fans over here, mostly its the fags who watch the occasional UFC unleashed that like GSP.

No, we Americans like winners.

Last edited by Anonymous on Mar 18. 2012, 16:45, edited 1 time in total.
Lucky
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby Ordi1324 » Mar 18. 2012, 16:44

came2kickbox wrote:
Ordi1324 wrote:The undisputed welterweight champion of the world : GEORGES "RUSH" ST-PIERRE!

yes because all americans love there canadian counter parts its well documented :roll:

yes because americans fan are renowned for being loyal to their fighters :roll:
Ordi1324
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby CaliGRNS » Mar 18. 2012, 16:57

I would say Chuck Lidell but GSP and Lesnar are very close.
CaliGRNS
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Bazstix » Mar 18. 2012, 17:13

most well known has to be brock lesnar even my mum has heard of him! among the mma circuit one of the most *popular* must be Pat barry every one loves Pat Barry :)
Bazstix
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby SakuEar » Mar 18. 2012, 22:21

Bazstix wrote:most well known has to be brock lesnar even my mum has heard of him! among the mma circuit one of the most *popular* must be Pat barry every one loves Pat Barry :)

hmm you mention your mom, my mom and brother know these fighters- bj penn, GSP, Lesnar, Sakuraba, anderson silva, and my mom knows cheick kongo. she says hes "yummy" :mrgreen:
SakuEar
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby SakuEar » Mar 18. 2012, 22:22

came2kickbox wrote:

We americans like fighters, not stallers. Not to many GSP fans over here, mostly its the fags who watch the occasional UFC unleashed that like GSP.

i must be a fag who only watches ufc unleashed. :roll:

seriously thats one of the dumbest things ive ever heard.

SakuEar
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby Bazstix » Mar 18. 2012, 23:00

SakuEar wrote:
Bazstix wrote:most well known has to be brock lesnar even my mum has heard of him! among the mma circuit one of the most *popular* must be Pat barry every one loves Pat Barry :)

hmm you mention your mom, my mom and brother know these fighters- bj penn, GSP, Lesnar, Sakuraba, anderson silva, and my mom knows cheick kongo. she says hes "yummy" :mrgreen:

my mum's 68 years old and her only participation in a sport is the quick run as fast as you can for a piss in the toilet race! :)
Bazstix
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby A-ROCC » Mar 19. 2012, 04:59

wa here people know silva alot and limbo use to be very big,
A-ROCC
mmashare hof
mmashare hof

Postby SakuEar » Mar 19. 2012, 05:33

A-ROCC wrote:wa here people know silva alot and limbo use to be very big,

im a washingtonian, i would say randy is biggest here, as he went to lynnwood highschool, also GSP is really famous. i would say chuck liddell, randy, GSP and silva.
SakuEar
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby Ordi1324 » Mar 19. 2012, 08:34

SakuEar wrote:
came2kickbox wrote:yes because all americans love there canadian counter parts its well documented :roll:

i must be a fag who only watches ufc unleashed. :roll:

seriously thats one of the dumbest things ive ever heard.

Yep, not only is it dumb, it's also false, simply because GSP dominated the bests they could find for him to fight, was it by wrestling, standing or simply putting a more intense fight (fighting intensity and stalling don't seem to work well together imo).

Ordi1324
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby KileKing » Mar 19. 2012, 22:24

Judging from PPV buys it appears it is Lesnar and/or GSP. Can anyone confirm PPV buys popularity?
KileKing
mmashare hof
mmashare hof

Postby Gogh » Mar 19. 2012, 22:35

KileKing wrote:Judging from PPV buys it appears it is Lesnar and/or GSP. Can anyone confirm PPV buys popularity?

that is a great measure of popularity among mma fans. unfortunately the great majority of americans are not mma fans and sadly both lesnar and kimbo are easily in the top 5 most popular and possibly top 3

i can remember some of my friends at work thinking that kimbo slice was a badass. i simply replied no and told them that he is about to start fighting trained fighters and he will get his ass handed to him :lol: they didnt believe me :lol:
based on skill set, jose aldo is the best p4p fighter in the world

"It’s a sport. Back in the UFC, when I was doing the UFC, when I was doing Pride, it was a fight. Now it’s a sport." - don frye
Gogh
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby KileKing » Mar 19. 2012, 22:38

Kimbo is not any longer. I am guessing according to current numbers. Kimbo is out of fashion nowadays. He has experienced his hay days few years back. Lesnar is on decline but still current (He won't be in a year or so, but that's neither here nor there). GSP has always been popular all over the world not only in USA.
KileKing
mmashare hof
mmashare hof

Postby hawaiianboi67 » Mar 20. 2012, 00:53

are we talking about most liked or most well known. for me i would think most well know would be the long time champs like AS GSP older champs like Randy and Chuck and even Penn. then there is also lesner and tito and Shamrock that are well known, but not liked.

The Lord is my light and my salvation;
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life;
of whom shall I be afraid?
—Psalm 27:1
hawaiianboi67
mmashare hof
mmashare hof

Previous

Return to MMA DISCUSSION 3.1

MMASHARE

Our mission is to give MMA fans the power to share and make the world more open and connected for Mixed Martial Arts!