machida...and anderson silva...how to beat them?

Create opinion topics, Prediction/Recap Videos and share mma news from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, MMAjunkie, Bloodyelbow, ...

machida...and anderson silva...how to beat them?

Postby iceman218 » Sep 10. 2009, 13:21

i have watched quite a few machida and silva fights and wow they get more and more impressive. can anyone actually beat them? and how do u even try to make a gameplan against them? u cant outstrike them. and even leites didnt run silva over on the ground and i thought that was amazing. who can beat them in theyre weight division?

iceman218
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Sep 2. 2009, 13:44

Postby don.frye » Sep 10. 2009, 13:33

A.silva no one relly in MW hendo has the best chance

machida...... this ones tricky. thiago silva maybe if he gets another shot. or JON JONES!!!11!!

User avatar
don.frye
MIDDLEW. CHAMP
MIDDLEW. CHAMP
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Aug 5. 2009, 20:26
Location: "its a mustache kinda morning"

Postby NKnot » Sep 10. 2009, 14:00

I got a feeling that Lyoto will get his shit split badly in every of his fights.
Dont know why, but im not so sure about him yet.

I dont think he is solid like Anderson.
User avatar
NKnot
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP
 
Posts: 1532
Joined: Oct 26. 2008, 10:01
Location: São Paulo, Brasil

Postby sixfourtwofifty » Sep 10. 2009, 14:11

Image


Failing that...


Image
User avatar
sixfourtwofifty
mmashare hof
mmashare hof
 
Posts: 6841
Joined: Jul 16. 2009, 18:16
Location: In Indochina, hiding in a bowl of rice, waiting to pop a cap in yo ass.

Postby PooSmear » Sep 10. 2009, 14:14

I got shogun beating machida cause hes very agressive... The only way to beat anderson is with some sort of sinister dooms day device...
User avatar
PooSmear
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP
 
Posts: 16865
Joined: May 23. 2009, 16:27
Location: the interwebs

Postby Mulatto Josh » Sep 10. 2009, 15:52

i havent figured machida out yet. but i got silva down pretty good!

the way to beat anderson is to put your balls in front of all his kicks a few times, it may hurt a bit but you will win by disqualification. or maybe you can not explain to him the rules of a tournament and let him upkick you in the head while your in his guard? you will also win by DQ

User avatar
Mulatto Josh
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Sep 6. 2009, 02:51

Re: machida...and anderson silva...how to beat them?

Postby kusok » Sep 10. 2009, 17:37

iceman218 wrote:i have watched quite a few machida and silva fights and wow they get more and more impressive. can anyone actually beat them? and how do u even try to make a gameplan against them? u cant outstrike them. and even leites didnt run silva over on the ground and i thought that was amazing. who can beat them in theyre weight division?



Nobody is invincible.

Machida was outstruck by BJ Penn...

Anderson has lost several times, and was in some trouble recently VS Lutter and Hendo, not exactly elite opponents.

Mousasi would have a legit shot at beating either man. (Thou they would have as much chance to beat him)
kusok
mmashare hof
mmashare hof
 
Posts: 8514
Joined: Dec 9. 2007, 19:49

Postby TBoneCorleone » Sep 10. 2009, 18:02

all it will take is some dominant GSP style wrestling to beat them, but there is no one that can wrestle like him in either of their weight classes, and im speculative that even if george were to gain to 185 if he would be able to beat Silva just cause of the size disadvantage,
User avatar
TBoneCorleone
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP
 
Posts: 1571
Joined: May 27. 2009, 00:09
Location: Massachutebox

Re: machida...and anderson silva...how to beat them?

Postby Keeeee » Sep 10. 2009, 18:20

kusok wrote:
iceman218 wrote:i have watched quite a few machida and silva fights and wow they get more and more impressive. can anyone actually beat them? and how do u even try to make a gameplan against them? u cant outstrike them. and even leites didnt run silva over on the ground and i thought that was amazing. who can beat them in theyre weight division?



Nobody is invincible.

Machida was outstruck by BJ Penn...

Anderson has lost several times, and was in some trouble recently VS Lutter and Hendo, not exactly elite opponents.

Mousasi would have a legit shot at beating either man. (Thou they would have as much chance to beat him)


he wasnt in trouble vs hendo
all dan did was lay on him and land a few short strikes, all it did was piss anderson off
User avatar
Keeeee
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP
 
Posts: 6619
Joined: Jun 23. 2009, 01:35
Location: ^^

Re: machida...and anderson silva...how to beat them?

Postby bigrock305 » Sep 10. 2009, 19:44

KeKeKe wrote:
kusok wrote:
iceman218 wrote:i have watched quite a few machida and silva fights and wow they get more and more impressive. can anyone actually beat them? and how do u even try to make a gameplan against them? u cant outstrike them. and even leites didnt run silva over on the ground and i thought that was amazing. who can beat them in theyre weight division?



Nobody is invincible.

Machida was outstruck by BJ Penn...

Anderson has lost several times, and was in some trouble recently VS Lutter and Hendo, not exactly elite opponents.

Mousasi would have a legit shot at beating either man. (Thou they would have as much chance to beat him)


he wasnt in trouble vs hendo
all dan did was lay on him and land a few short strikes, all it did was piss anderson off



I agree 100%, lutter mount silva and in a split second got rollover and mounted, he also never had silva in trouble. Everybody keep saying that you got to wrestle and ground him to beat him, but everybody that tried it got beat on the ground. I like both fedor and silva they are the top two most talented fighters in the world, you can't say one is better than the other.

bigrock305
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
 
Posts: 635
Joined: Jul 11. 2009, 17:01

Postby The Black Dragon » Sep 10. 2009, 19:49

Anderson, I'm not sure, unless he fights some better guys at 205, then maybe...but even then it's a stretch. He's proven himself to be near-invincible these days.

Machida is a different story. Sure he looks awesome right now, but he also hasn't defended his title yet. It isn't really fair to compare him to Silva because Machida simply hasn't proven himself yet. Let's see him defend that belt 6 times and then we'll talk...

I don't see anyone defeating Anderson before he decides to retire. Machida could very well lose to Shogun, so we'll see what happens.
User avatar
The Black Dragon
mmashare hof
mmashare hof
 
Posts: 6579
Joined: Feb 21. 2009, 12:39

Postby unforgiving! » Sep 10. 2009, 20:38

An outstanding wrestler, with superior striking.
User avatar
unforgiving!
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Jul 3. 2009, 19:03
Location: Houston TX

Re: machida...and anderson silva...how to beat them?

Postby kusok » Sep 10. 2009, 21:27

bigrock305 wrote:
KeKeKe wrote:
kusok wrote:
iceman218 wrote:i have watched quite a few machida and silva fights and wow they get more and more impressive. can anyone actually beat them? and how do u even try to make a gameplan against them? u cant outstrike them. and even leites didnt run silva over on the ground and i thought that was amazing. who can beat them in theyre weight division?



Nobody is invincible.

Machida was outstruck by BJ Penn...

Anderson has lost several times, and was in some trouble recently VS Lutter and Hendo, not exactly elite opponents.

Mousasi would have a legit shot at beating either man. (Thou they would have as much chance to beat him)


he wasnt in trouble vs hendo
all dan did was lay on him and land a few short strikes, all it did was piss anderson off



I agree 100%, lutter mount silva and in a split second got rollover and mounted, he also never had silva in trouble. Everybody keep saying that you got to wrestle and ground him to beat him, but everybody that tried it got beat on the ground. I like both fedor and silva they are the top two most talented fighters in the world, you can't say one is better than the other.


Listen you two fags, hendo won a round, that means he was beating Anderson for 5 minutes! When was the last time Fedor lost a round? or even let his opponent get out OF the first round?
Lutter's GnP could have easily stopped the fight, Anderson did d*ck from his back, he was getting hammered in the face against the mat. I've seen earlier stoppages than that. An idiot ref like Dan Mafagoliota would stop that fight.

And this is against a nearly dead can Lutter who can't even make weight! He was nearly dead from dehydration...
kusok
mmashare hof
mmashare hof
 
Posts: 8514
Joined: Dec 9. 2007, 19:49

Re: machida...and anderson silva...how to beat them?

Postby NKnot » Sep 11. 2009, 05:27

kusok wrote:Anderson has lost several times, and was in some trouble recently VS Lutter and Hendo, not exactly elite opponents.


Hendo isnt an elite opponent?

Thats news to me.

User avatar
NKnot
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP
 
Posts: 1532
Joined: Oct 26. 2008, 10:01
Location: São Paulo, Brasil

Next

Return to MMA DISCUSSION 2.7

MMASHARE

Our mission is to give MMA fans the power to share and make the world more open and connected for Mixed Martial Arts!