Jon "The Company Guy" Jones

Create opinion topics, Prediction/Recap Videos and share mma news from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, MMAjunkie, Bloodyelbow, ...

Jon "The Company Guy" Jones

Postby believeInYourself » Aug 23. 2012, 23:58

“We came up with a strategy to keep it clean and be sponsored by the UFC itself. I’m glad the UFC wanted to work with me as well, and I think that they trust that I’ll never make them look bad. You never have to worry about me with a DWI (driving while under the influence) or doing something crazy,” Jones explained.

“I think I’m a good company guy. The UFC asks me to do anything and I always do it, and I never tell them no for anything. I’ve had to do more marketing than any other fighter because I say no to absolutely nothing. I don’t think most champs are like that.”

http://www.mmaweekly.com/jon-jones-explains-ufc-sponsorship-ahead-of-showdown-with-rashad-evans

believeInYourself
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Re: Jon "The Company Guy" Jones

Postby chukissaki » Aug 24. 2012, 00:03

Greg Jackson -" hey Jon, go check on UFC 151 !!! " get some fans " !!

chukissaki
mmashare hof
mmashare hof

Postby Waftist » Aug 24. 2012, 00:34

“We came up with a strategy to keep it clean and be sponsored by the UFC itself. I’m glad the UFC wanted to work with me as well, and I think that they trust that I’ll never make them look bad. You never have to worry about me with a DWI (driving while under the influence) or doing something crazy,” Jones explained.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Did he actually say that!? That is hilarious...
JDS - Minotauro - Machida - Hendo - Hunt - Barnett - Shogun - Lawler - Cruz
Hester - Edwards - Gomi - Masvidal - OSP - Mousasi - Swanson - McCall - Penn
Amagov - Tanaka - Rumble - Romero - Kim - Thatch - Calderwood - Eye - Zingano
Waftist
ONE TIME CRI CHAMPION
ONE TIME CRI CHAMPION

Postby Bxtrav26 » Aug 24. 2012, 00:43

Lmaoooo first this was used for his dui and now this Lmaooooo jones shits on his own self
Bxtrav26
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby pmk666 » Aug 24. 2012, 00:51

hahahahaha this thread is GOLD. Thanks OP. :lol:
pmk666
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby Gogh » Aug 24. 2012, 01:28

:laugh

ty for the laugh

based on skill set, jose aldo is the best p4p fighter in the world

"It’s a sport. Back in the UFC, when I was doing the UFC, when I was doing Pride, it was a fight. Now it’s a sport." - don frye
Gogh
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby believeInYourself » Aug 24. 2012, 01:33

I think it's cute that Jon has a few loyal nutthuggers willing to sit there and argue and waste all their time in his defense. No offense to those people of course.
believeInYourself
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby willyg44 » Aug 24. 2012, 01:37

lol that's funny, Chiapetta called Jones out in his hypocrisy of other recent quotes as well.
willyg44
mmashare hof
mmashare hof

Postby Gogh » Aug 24. 2012, 02:27

it's amazing how bones put himself up on a pedestal above other champions and he isnt joking

it would make my year if the ufc cut bones. wont happen because the ufc can make moeny off him but f*ck it just cut him 8)
based on skill set, jose aldo is the best p4p fighter in the world

"It’s a sport. Back in the UFC, when I was doing the UFC, when I was doing Pride, it was a fight. Now it’s a sport." - don frye
Gogh
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby moatmab » Aug 24. 2012, 02:59

Bxtrav26 wrote:Lmaoooo first this was used for his dui and now this Lmaooooo jones shits on his own self

TWICE!LMAO!

moatmab
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby moatmab » Aug 24. 2012, 03:01

Three times really,the whole business man $$ for the kids college bs too.
moatmab
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Vilace » Aug 24. 2012, 03:39

They've all got face until they have the power, then it's more above preserving their career etc. Guy can say whatever he wants, it's the people who actually follow it that are the dummies.

This is a business, and the UFC needs to bend more to serve its fighters 'interests' If they want to avoid these sorts of problems. The UFC is stubborn and uninvested as hell, you know they have a line they simply won't cross in business ethics that just keeps pissing the guys off working for them, despite the fact they are raking in phenomenal profits and growing exponentially.

Of course Jones is a hypocrite, of course he seems ungenuine, sometimes the people who this is all more alien to come off as the ones who simply just say the right things to fit in.
Jones is probably a good guy stuck in the lime of a marketing, proffiting world of sporting business rising day by day and all he can do, all he has known to do is try to come off good and try to be what is good for everyone.

Problem is, no one really wanted him to be himself. Funny to laugh at the guy but seriously, he doesn't have the luxury of being so unnaive when rising into superstardom he doesn't really understand. Jones knows how to fight himself and his own way, but for the rest of you people, he doesn't have a clue what you want and he'll put on any face to make you happy.

Face reality people.
Vilace
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Sasori » Aug 24. 2012, 03:45

Jones really needs to get some fans
Sasori
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby Kronlk » Aug 24. 2012, 03:46

This thread wins. Both those quotes are gold now that he has completely done the opposite of both and made himself look like a asshat, I guess he should be careful of what he says to try and make himself some high and mighty person. Just to clarify I don't hate or like Jones so I don't need to be called "hater", I just find it hilarious he has just shit all over his "good guy" reputation he tries to keep up.

Kronlk
hofcri3
hofcri3

Next

Return to MMA DISCUSSION 2.7

MMASHARE

Our mission is to give MMA fans the power to share and make the world more open and connected for Mixed Martial Arts!