Brock Lesnar Vs Heath Herring

Create opinion topics, Prediction/Recap Videos and share mma news from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, MMAjunkie, Bloodyelbow, ...

Brock Lesnar Vs Heath Herring

Postby checo » May 30. 2008, 16:25

:shock:

Lesnar vs Herring Signed for UFC 87: Seek and DestroyBy Thomas Gerbasi

On Saturday, August 9th, heavyweight sensation Brock Lesnar returns to his home state of Minnesota to show his fans the explosive MMA game that has the entire fight world buzzing as he competes in a featured bout on the UFC 87: Seek and Destroy card at Target Center.

But his opponent that night, Heath Herring, doesn’t plan on making this a happy homecoming for the former NCAA wrestling champion, and with his resume, “The Texas Crazy Horse” has got the tools to determine whether Lesnar, the former WWE superstar, has got what it takes to compete at the UFC’s elite level.

Herring (28-13, 1 no contest) replaces UFC hall of famer Mark Coleman, who was forced to withdraw from the UFC 87 bout due to a knee injury.

Some pundits believe that Herring may be an even more dangerous matchup for Lesnar (1-1), who followed up his debut win in mixed martial arts last June with an exciting battle against former UFC heavyweight champion Frank Mir at UFC 81 in February. In that fight, Lesnar – showing his stellar wrestling skills – took Mir to the canvas immediately and appeared to be moments away from victory before the jiu-jitsu wizard submitted the Minneapolis-St.Paul resident. Disappointed but not deterred, Lesnar went right back into the gym to prepare for August’s bout, and he promises to be better than ever for his hometown fans.

Despite only being 30 years old, Herring is an 11-year veteran of the sport who has made the transition from PRIDE superstar in Japan to UFC heavyweight contender. A well-rounded battler who has been in with the best in the game, including Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (three times), Mirko Cro Cop, Vitor Belfort, and Igor Vovchanchyn, Herring is coming off his biggest UFC win to date, a three round victory over Cheick Kongo in March, and he knows that a win over Lesnar will move him closer to a world title shot.

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=12399

What u think guys is gonna be good fight right=?

Att.Checo

checo
mmashare hof
mmashare hof

Postby bongtokes81592 » May 30. 2008, 18:41

still rather see coleman

this is acceptable tho, cause i want to see herring get trashed

bongtokes81592

Postby checo » May 30. 2008, 21:04

Well Coleman was gonna be very nice againts Lesnar but Heath is very good too and he will put good fight, but still think Lesnar will take him GnP

XD

Att.Checo
checo
mmashare hof
mmashare hof

Postby mrmustang78 » May 30. 2008, 22:04

well lesnar just made a mistake.... that was his first real fight with good competition...Mir just caught him and Heath will not...Lesnar will stand for a min and take his ass down and pound is ass out..... No doubt lesnar wins and he will ground and pound him out with a min remaining in the first.

Lesnar will be on top one day and will dominate.... maybe another year and its his....
mrmustang78
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby Bjorrn » May 31. 2008, 12:42

i think that herring is way better than lesnar
Bjorrn
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby gladiatorkilla6 » May 31. 2008, 23:42

this s a good match up i wanna say lesnar will win but i think herring's exp will be the main factor an will ensure a win for herring i bet he ko's him with a knee or high kick to the face

gladiatorkilla6
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby JAZ the Ripper » Jun 1. 2008, 07:29

I'm going to say Herring. Lesnar is an impressive guy, just not convinced that his skills are there yet.
JAZ the Ripper
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby checo » Jun 1. 2008, 13:39

If heath can take him out before Lesnar take him to the ground is Heath's win if not hes gonna get GnP so bad :shock:

Att.Checo
checo
mmashare hof
mmashare hof

Postby spookx » Jun 4. 2008, 11:33

i think if lesnar gives heath a kiss this will be a quick one but i see this being maybe one of the best fights that night
spookx
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby SamuraiX » Jun 5. 2008, 22:53

as much as i would love to see lesner dominate this fight i really dont think hes anywhere near the calibur of fighter as heath herring, Heath has everything excellent sticking very improved ground game as shown in his last 2 fights hes just a great all round fighter that could last with the best of the best in the heavyweights he has to be one of the best and its a bad match up for lesner he's never been hit and i assure u that herring will hit lesner at least once and just that 1 time could be over his kicks are fuckin devestating if he lands a clear 1 i dont think lesner has enough chin to handle it but what lesner needs to do and i quote Randy The Natural Couture "Impose his will on the opponent" which means lesner should immediately take it to the ground or at least as soon as possible i dont think lesner will be comfortable standing and trading i hope lesner pulls it off if he does it'll be a Submission or TKO he wont knock heath out and he wont win on points unless he lays on him for 15 which i hope he does lol

SamuraiX
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Coach Rich » Jun 5. 2008, 23:35

Talk about being thrown to the wolves. Lesner's first UFC fight (2nd over all) is against a former champion. Then faces a fighter of Herring's calibur. As excited as I am to see this fight, I think the UFC should pit him against a lesser fighter in the division. This would be good for both parties.

While I don't doubt Lesner's ability to throw him to the ground and smash his face through the mat, I think the odds on favorite would be the experienced fighter.
Last edited by Coach Rich on Jun 6. 2008, 00:48, edited 1 time in total.
Coach Rich
Drunken old fart
Drunken old fart

Postby bmk5085 » Jun 6. 2008, 00:00

Coach Rich wrote:Talk about being thrown to the wolves. Lesner's first UFC fight (2nd over all) is against a former champion. Then faces a fighter of Herring's calibur

WTF???

Brock should have went straight to Nog. That Mir thing was a fluke, they should do a rematch sometime so Brock can beat the piss out of him. Need I remind you Brock defeated such legendary warriors such as Rob Van Dam, Dwayne Johnson, BIG F*CKING SHOW!!!, he put Benoit to sleep good with his Brock Lock, and Min Soo Kim isn't a slouch himself.

Brock Lock, 1st round lights out. Herring doesn't even want to know what WWE pain feels like!! :evil: :evil:
bmk5085
MIDDLEW. CHAMP
MIDDLEW. CHAMP

Postby Coach Rich » Jun 6. 2008, 00:44

Great stuff!!

Clearly I've forgotten the proving ground of elite matrial combat which is the WWE. :D
Coach Rich
Drunken old fart
Drunken old fart

Postby checo » Jun 6. 2008, 02:45

bmk5085 wrote:
Coach Rich wrote:Talk about being thrown to the wolves. Lesner's first UFC fight (2nd over all) is against a former champion. Then faces a fighter of Herring's calibur

WTF???

Brock should have went straight to Nog. That Mir thing was a fluke, they should do a rematch sometime so Brock can beat the piss out of him. Need I remind you Brock defeated such legendary warriors such as Rob Van Dam, Dwayne Johnson, BIG F*CKING SHOW!!!, he put Benoit to sleep good with his Brock Lock, and Min Soo Kim isn't a slouch himself.

Brock Lock, 1st round lights out. Herring doesn't even want to know what WWE pain feels like!! :evil: :evil:

Again should i say LOL=? WTF WWE => MMA THATS BULL SHIT!!! MMA Guys will rape any WWE Hoe any time

Att.Checo

checo
mmashare hof
mmashare hof

Next

Return to MMA DISCUSSION 2.6

MMASHARE

Our mission is to give MMA fans the power to share and make the world more open and connected for Mixed Martial Arts!