Pacquiao vs Bradley Rematch Likely for April 12, 2014

Share Boxing & Kickboxing Fight Videos, News, Interviews, Talkshows, Previews, Highlights, ...

Pacquiao vs Bradley Rematch Likely for April 12, 2014

Postby bgosh » Jan 7. 2014, 15:45

Pacquiao vs Bradley rematch likely for April 12, 2014
By Scott Christ  @scottchristBLH on Jan 6 2014, 5:06p 495

http://www.badlefthook.com/2014/1/6/5281370/pacquiao-vs-bradley-rematch-likely-for-april-12-2014

Manny Pacquiao is said to be set on facing Timothy Bradley in a rematch of their controversial 2012 bout on April 12, 2014.

It was said to be down to two, and now it sounds like the choice has been made. Manny Pacquiao has reportedly chosen to face Timothy Bradley in a rematch on April 12, 2014, rather than take on a fresh opponent in WBO junior welterweight titlist Ruslan Provoodnikov.

Pacquiao controversially lost a split decision to Bradley in June 2012. The fight's judging was so universally loathed and disregarded that a contractual rematch clause Pacquiao held was disregarded in order to make his next fight, a convincing loss to Juan Manuel Marquez in December 2012.

But now, with Bradley (31-0, 12 KO) on a strong two-fight win streak, beating Provodnikov and then Marquez, looks like he's fought his way back into a rematch that at one point, many simply didn't care to see at all.

It also should be said that at the moment, Top Rank's opponent choices are very limited and with these the two candidates, I think there's no question that Manny (55-5-2, 38 KO) has made the biggest possible fight if this is indeed the choice.

bgosh
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Re: Pacquiao vs Bradley Rematch Likely for April 12, 2014

Postby DocMidnyte » Jan 7. 2014, 23:24

I think Manny is an overall very good natured person, but I think this one really matters to him. I think his ego got bruised and though I respect Bradley, as he seems to be able to pull off some interesting fight plans, I am not sure I'd want to be between him and Manny that night.
DocMidnyte
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby bgosh » Jan 7. 2014, 23:41

DocMidnyte wrote:I think Manny is an overall very good natured person, but I think this one really matters to him. I think his ego got bruised and though I respect Bradley, as he seems to be able to pull off some interesting fight plans, I am not sure I'd want to be between him and Manny that night.

Absolutely. This one has got to matter to him greatly. He was robbed in their last fight and I think he will be out to make a statement. That said, I think Bradley is only growing better and more confident. He looked great in both of his fights in 2013; going to war with Provo and completely outboxing Marquez.

Last time Pacman wanted to make a statement he got floored with a counter right by Marquez. So for me, this is what will make this an interesting fight. I believe that Pacquiao can outbox Bradley (again) but he will likely go into the fight feeling that a knockout is necessary for the win. He won't want to leave it in the hands of the judges. Also, Bradley is going to want to make a statement because of the hate he took after their last fight (which he still seems to think he won). Two guys trying to make a statement could lead to fireworks. I hope to hear this is finalized asap cuz it appears as if the Pac vs Mayweather dream has faded deeper into oblivion.
bgosh
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby EmptyHand » Jan 8. 2014, 03:17

This is actually a great rematch. At least Bradley ain't a'scurred like Mayweather, lol. This could go either way, but something tells me Pac is coming hungry and more aggressive than the first fight. We'll see, but the fact is, if they both come to make a statement, as suggested above, either one can get KTFO--it just depends on who gets there first. However, if Pac is aggressive, yet stays within his stick & move style, he'll be the one to catch Bradley out there. Looking forward to this one.
Last edited by EmptyHand on Jan 10. 2014, 02:23, edited 1 time in total.
EmptyHand
mmashare hof
mmashare hof

Postby EmptyHand » Jan 8. 2014, 03:19

wtf? delete.
Last edited by EmptyHand on Jan 10. 2014, 02:23, edited 1 time in total.
EmptyHand
mmashare hof
mmashare hof

Postby meh00 » Jan 8. 2014, 10:47

Man f*ck this fight. Arum can only give Pacman JMM and Bradley..

There are way better fights to make for him than those two. Would have been awesome to see him against Ruslan, Amir Khan or Maidana. I'll still watch it but shit.. if he wins it won't matter so much because people will say he already beat him the first time. I want to see these old guys face fresh challenges.

meh00
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Hulaku » Jan 8. 2014, 11:11

Thats kinda sums up pacs situation at the moment.
http://www.rappler.com/newsbreak/46499-pacquiao-wealth-michael-koncz
You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.
Hulaku
mmashare vip
mmashare vip

Postby bgosh » Jan 8. 2014, 12:18

meh00 wrote:Man f*ck this fight. Arum can only give Pacman JMM and Bradley..

There are way better fights to make for him than those two. Would have been awesome to see him against Ruslan, Amir Khan or Maidana. I'll still watch it but shit.. if he wins it won't matter so much because people will say he already beat him the first time. I want to see these old guys face fresh challenges.

Pac and Ruslan both train under Freddie Roach and don't want to fight eachother. Not saying this will never happen but I don't think this is necessary. It would probably be a war, but Pac takes the edge for his footwork and speed. Khan would get dropped. Maidana would get outboxed. I actually think Bradley is the best matchup out of all of them.
bgosh
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Hulaku » Jan 8. 2014, 12:58

I think this match up makes the most sense , considering Bradleys stats. If pac could pull a win this will be huge for him and a mayweather vs pacman would be much closer to happen.
You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.
Hulaku
mmashare vip
mmashare vip

Postby DocMidnyte » Jan 8. 2014, 15:29

Trollex wrote:I think this match up makes the most sense , considering Bradleys stats. If pac could pull a win this will be huge for him and a mayweather vs pacman would be much closer to happen.

Yeah, agreed. I am very excited to see this because it will be considered a vindication for either one of them. I can't warm up to Bradley, but this will be a chance for him, too. Don't expect the wary Pac of this last fight. Pac will be on the warpath, I think.

DocMidnyte
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby Walt » Jan 8. 2014, 15:33

Not a single f*ck was given.
I predict that Daniel Cormier will be the UFC LHW Champion in 2015.
Walt
mmashare hof
mmashare hof

Return to BOXING & KICKBOXING

MMASHARE

Our mission is to give MMA fans the power to share and make the world more open and connected for Mixed Martial Arts!