Mayweather wanted all the PPV earnings

Share Boxing & Kickboxing Fight Videos, News, Interviews, Talkshows, Previews, Highlights, ...

Mayweather wanted all the PPV earnings

Postby gabbyco111 » Feb 23. 2012, 18:16

Manny Pacquiao says the pieces were falling into place for a world title fight with Floyd Mayweather until the American boxer tried to low-ball him on the split of the pay-per-view revenue. Pacquiao said he called Mayweather personally to try to broker a deal for a world championship fight and thought they had an agreement until Mayweather brought up the pay per view.

Mayweather said he would give Pacquiao a $40 million lump-sum payment if Pacquiao agreed to let Mayweather keep the pay per view earnings for himself.

"It was embarrassing to me," Pacquiao said Tuesday. "He was trying to take advantage of me. It is clear he didn't want to fight."

Some experts have estimated that the pay per view could be around $160 million. Pacquiao and Mayweather have tried several times to get a contract signed but it has been scuttled for a variety of reasons, including disagreements over blood testing and the share of the purse.

"I called Floyd and told him that we need to make this fight happen," Pacquiao said at The Beverly Hills Hotel. "I said he could have whatever he wants, blood testing, 50/50 split and he said 'Oh, well. I will give you what you want.' Then he mentioned the pay per view."

For now, Pacquiao and the unbeaten Mayweather have lined up other opponents with speculation that the mega fight could happen later in the year if it comes off at all.

Full article here:
http://sports.inquirer.net/35621/pacman-embarrassed-by-mayweather-offer

Not sure if f*cking greedy or ducking :?

gabbyco111
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Re: Mayweather wanted all the PPV earnings

Postby phelpstony » Feb 23. 2012, 19:05

either way ive hear this "later this year" too many times..if this is true floyd is serious clowning, and if those are his new conditions, you can probably kiss this fight goodbye..first blood testing, now he wants all the ppv money? whats the next thing gunna be

phelpstony
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby Basicboardname » Feb 23. 2012, 19:18

What a fool!
I dislike the cheapshot taking azzhat, not to mention he is very racist. :evil:
...and I think that by Friday, Chael Sonnen would have convenced most of us that he was going to win"
Basicboardname
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby gabbyco111 » Feb 24. 2012, 01:11

Pacquiao stated in another article that he wanted to get the Mayweather fight done because he wants to fulfill his son's request of beating Floyd before retiring. Manny's made it clear numerous times that he wants the fight to happen. The only ones preventing this shit from getting on are Arum and Mayweather imo.
gabbyco111
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby axelstoner » Feb 24. 2012, 06:11

always hated floyd
axelstoner
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Karnivor » Feb 24. 2012, 08:30

"Some experts have estimated that the pay per view could be around $160 million."

wtf thats alot of money.

Karnivor
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby bartoidy » Feb 24. 2012, 11:52

Fuck Floyd Meyweather!
bartoidy
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby EmptyHand » Feb 25. 2012, 03:01

Just another way of ducking a dangerous contender. Fraud Gayweather at his best.
EmptyHand
mmashare hof
mmashare hof

Postby jetpilotx » Feb 25. 2012, 03:21

What a d*ck.
Freethinking - you're doing it wrong!
jetpilotx
mmashare hof
mmashare hof

Postby meh00 » Feb 27. 2012, 00:10

this fight will happen.. it has too. Biggest pay day for both parties... why not take it ..

meh00
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Return to BOXING & KICKBOXING

MMASHARE

Our mission is to give MMA fans the power to share and make the world more open and connected for Mixed Martial Arts! MMA Forum, UFC Live Streaming and MMA Fight Videos!